Kiln Firing Service
Community Kiln Firing Service for Potters
We are pleased to offer a community kiln firing service for potters in the area!
- Call 778-941-0300 or email today to book a drop-off time. All dropped off pieces must have been previously booked. (New Policy November 2023)
Full Kiln Rental:
- Must be reserved at least 1 week in advance.
- Chamber Capacity: Approximately 23 in. x 23 in. opening and 27 in. high (7 cubic feet).
- Chamber Capacity: Approximately 28 in. x 28 in. opening and 27 in. high (9.9 cubic feet).
Cutaway of Skutt 1227:
Pay per Piece:
- Must call or email to arrange drop off time
- $10 minimum charge.
- Prices vary depending on the space your items take up, estimated around $2-3 per standard size piece. Taller than 6" and wider than 14" pieces will cost more.
- Clean glaze from bottoms before bringing glaze work to fire.
- First-time drop-offs, please read this page carefully.
- Bisque to cone 06, glaze to cone 5 with a 30-minute hold (produces a cone 6).
- Custom firing schedule available for full kiln rentals with prior notice.
- The Clay Warehouse is not responsible for pieces damaged due to reasons noted in this disclaimer.
- The owner of each piece fired is responsible for kiln or shelf damage caused by defects in their work.
- Ensure pieces are 100% dry on the drop-off day, expecting them to be fired same day. Items not 100% dry will explode and damage other artists work.
- Items held for a maximum of 14 days; items left longer are subject to disposal.
- Firing defects may occur due to poor construction, dampness, air bubbles, over or under-glazing, etc.
- Experienced potters and technicians at The Clay Warehouse perform firings in quality-tested kilns.
By dropping pieces, you agree to the terms and disclaimer; The Clay Warehouse is not liable for any losses.
- Item pick-up during regular business hours only.
- Unclaimed items after 14 days may be disposed of due to limited studio space.
Occasionally, we may not accept outside pieces; it's advisable to always call ahead to ensure availability. If you have not called ahead and we do not have space for you, we will have to send you away with a new drop-off date.