Collection: Open Studio & Membership Reservations
Here at The Clay Warehouse, we work really hard to offer you the best studio experience as possible. We offer studio time and memberships for those who are looking to expand their skill set, engage with the community, and to relax from daily life. Our studio is welcoming to all skill levels, whether you wheel throw, hand build, or sculpt! We strive for a welcoming and non-judgemental environment. We are always willing to lend a hand, give a hug, or offer a shoulder to cry on. To be frank, we want you here, in our studio, making work that makes your soul happy!
We welcome all students to book open studio time during or after your beginner course!
Booking studio time is reserved for folks who have prior pottery experience. Pottery experience is defined as a basic understanding of all the different steps and stages that clay goes through as well as a thorough understanding of how to glaze. This could be achieved by previously taking a beginner course with us or from another studio within the last 1-2 years. You must be able to work independently. There are techs always floating around that are willing to share some knowledge, but by no means should they be giving you a free one-on-one course. If you are unsure about your skills, give us a call and we can figure it out together :)
Open Studio Reservations:
If you are reserving Open Studio sessions, this is a pay-as-you-go service (No recurring charges). There are two ways to gain access to Membership Bookings:
- You have taken a workshop at The Clay Warehouse. You would have received an email with a passcode to enter into our booking system.
- You're registered for a studio orientation session, after which you will receive a passcode to enter our booking system.
Open Studio and Membership Reservations are available 7 days a week. Studio time is booked in 3 hour intervals as stated below;
Monday - Friday: 10 am - 1 pm | 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm | 5 pm - 8 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10 am - 1 pm | 1 pm - 4 pm
Once you have gained access, you can book open studio time. Sessions are $30 per 3-hour time slot. Bookings are accepted up to two weeks in advance. Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancellations and reschedules are welcome at any time before your studio time begins. Either call (778-941-0300) or email (email@example.com) to reschedule or cancel your studio time.
- Each time slot is 3 hours. Availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Clay is available for purchase in a 50 lb box or 25 lb bag when you arrive at your Open Studio Session.
- Only Membership Packages may store unused clay at the studio between sessions, but all may store their work in progress.
- Pieces stored in the studio by Members or Open Studio attendees must not be stored for more than 14 days; if left longer, your pieces may be recycled or disposed of.
- Kiln Firing of your work:
- CW Open Studio Reservations and 10-packs – your firing will be invoiced separately based on the quantity and size of your pieces. See our kiln firing page for how we calculate firing fees.
Membership Packages – Your firing is included in your membership price. The number of pieces fired for a member must be a reasonable amount. Charges will apply for production-level quantities.
Membership Packages - Maker, Creator, Producer
- If you have signed up for one of our recurring membership packages, you will not pay by session. You have been provided with a discount code to book your studio time at $0.00. All Membership Packages are a minimum commitment of 3 months and are automatically charged every 30 days